Aren't They Awesome? ;)

Pages

10 February 2010

Review: BeautyMaker Anti-Shine Deep Cleansing Foaming Gel

I got BeautyMaker Anti-Shine Deep Cleansing Foaming Gel from a swap with Karen (Sizbelle). I've been using this cleanser for one month and I think it's time to do a review for it.

Function (from http://www.payeasy.com.tw/BeautyMaker/ in Mandarin) :
Remove shine and prevent acne.

Who:
People with oily skin and need deep cleansing.

Ingredients:
My thought:
I was attracted to this product for what it claims, remove shine and prevent acne. It has a nice citrus scent which I like. Although it says it's a foaming gel, it doesn't really have any foam. When I first use it, I feel it doesn't cleanse my skin thoroughly cause it doesn't feel squeaky clean afterward and that makes me think that it doesn't deep cleanse. But after the second use, I begin to like it cause although my skin doesn't feel like squeaky clean, I can feel that there is no trace of oiliness on my skin anymore. So in this point, it does remove shine but... yeah, there is a but... my skin is still as oily as before, no oil control. But the bright side is it doesn't make me breakout. Guess the prevent acne function is good too although it doesn't clear my current acne. Overall, it's a pretty good cleanser but any cleanser will do the job too.

Pros:
- Affordable (TWD280=USD9)
- Remove Shine
- No breakout

Cons:
- Not available locally
- No oil control
- No deep cleansing

Rating: 3/5
Repurchase: No (like I said, any cleanser will do the job)

24 comments:

amynaree said...

Hi Dina! thanks for the review, too bad it's just an okay cleanser because it sounded so amazing from the description

andpinkysays said...

Hi there! New follower and want to say a proper hi before anything else! :D

I'm always attracted to those "shine free, acne prevention, and oil control" type of products, and thanks for sharing this! It's nice to know whether another one of these products lived up to what they advertised.

Would you recommend any other product that actually HAD good oil control? That's the biggest problem for me since...a lot time ago. xD

Thanks again for your review! :D

andpinkysays said...

& PS! Thanks for your giveaway galore! :O I took advantage of it...I wish there was some way to credit you in the follows. xD

Diane said...

Thanks for the review Dina! It's weird there is so much hype about all these Kevin Beautymaker products but then I read reviews and they are not that great. Have you noticed the same thing? Have you tried any other KB products or is this the first one?

vanilla said...

awwww its cheap but it doesnt do what it claims?
nothing special then
lol

Denysia said...

Thank you for the review! I'm looking for a cleanser that helps prevent my acne. My current cleanser is running out.

Anastacia said...

I like when my face squeaky clean. But seems like your BeautyMaker Anti-Shine Deep Cleansing Foaming Gel is very gentle type of cleanser.

Lilladylife said...

thank you foe being honest about not repurchasing. Too bad though, Beauty Maker is a pretty good brand, I will make sure to steer clear of this.

. said...

Ahh you're so lucky to try something from BeautyMaker! It seems cheap but good! Do they only sell in Taiwan??

Thanks for the review. Its a shame it didn't control the oil production D=

sizbelle said...

sorry to hear that it doesn't live up to its name & rave... does it means you are still hunting down HG cleanser?

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

I'm always interested in any beautymaker products.....guess I have to pass on this one.....Thanks for the review...

Emily said...

interesting..thanks for the review!

evie said...

thanks for the review! i'm also looking for one cleanser that has a good oil control and prevent acne..and the best ting..heal the exsiting acne!..but i dunno if these to exist! XD

noone said...

mmm no oil control that's a big no no for me, thanks for the heads up :)

PixyEla said...

Awwww I like that it reduces shine but I have such an oily T-zone so no oil control is boooo. But nice review nonetheless. =D

aMgiNe said...

so if its not available outside US, that means you can only buy it online? is it available online? and would you have any idea how much is the shipping? thanks :)

erlyn of bluerlyn.com

acutelife said...

Thanks for the review! I'm on the hunt for a new cleanser since I'm on my last tube lolz I'm thinking to try the oil one next,but not sure whether I will like it or not -.-

acutelife said...

Oh,by the by,if you happen to visit your brother you have to contact me :) I'll kidnap you for one day and take you around ;) where does your bro study at?

Jenni said...

thanks for this review!! now I have one less item on my lemming list :P

The Sara Happ lip balm is really niceee!! you should try it one day!

TMFA said...

Would you reckon this anti-shine gel works for men's skin as well? :)

Tammy said...

Hi Dina!

Happy Chinese New Year almost! Sucks to hear that the cleanser didn't seem to do much for your acne. I find that a lot of cleansers don't really do much in terms of their extraneous claims. (Eg. whitening cleansers lol) The bottle is cute though! ^^ Thanks for your review :)

Unknown said...

you're welcome, thank you too :)

Witoxicity said...

It promises a lot but pity it didn't deliver much. At least, it didn't cause breakout. :)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Thanks for the review! Sorry to hear it is only mediocre. =\